Skip to main content

Reply to "Coaches Letter"

He emailed my son as well:

"I saw your profile on BeRecruited and I think you fit exactly what I'm looking for in our 2018 Class. As you saw this is our inaugural season here at "College X " so the 2018 Class is a very important one. At this early stage in our program it's about finding good ballplayers who can come in immediately and compete for starting roles (and win them) while also having room to continue to grow and get better every day. I believe that you fit that idea. I think you can have success here early on and help our program. I also think that you have just begun to scratch the surface of your potential and that there is more in the tank.

What I told your dad and what I will tell you as well is that I always recommend visiting. Ultimately it's about what is the best fit for you and being able to come down and see the campus and the area will help you decide if you like it or not. Obviously you are down in North Carolina so it's a little bit of distance there. But if you are able at some point in the coming months to do so we would love to have you and your family visit us.

If there is anything I can help you with or if you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach. I'm usually very good at about responding same day."

There are a lot of videos on his profile at berecruited.com for coaches to see. I'm sure that's why he reached out. I emailed him back to say I would be passing the baton on to my son, communication wise. I told him we would be in NY next week (my wife is from Buffalo) and would probably come visit. He replied by saying :

"No kidding! I'm from Buffalo as well. Born and raised. We are about four hours away from Buffalo depending where in the area you are. A much friendlier drive than from North Carolina!

I appreciate your help in getting in touch with Michael. Have a great rest of your day!"

So I feel like they have a sincere interest. Being so far away isn't ideal but it will be up to my son to decide that.