Skip to main content

Reply to "Coaches Need to Look in Mirror"

Catch coach,
I truly believe that NO ONE knows everything about this game, and if anyone believes that, the game will pass you bye. After 20+ years down south, the game changes all time, tweakin' of techniques, whatever it takes to get your players to play THEIR best. Now, I also believe that players that are the most mentally tough and competitive will give themselves the best chance to succeed. You can look at any position on the field at the big league level, and their are "thousands of techniques" that these players use, many different ways, to get it done, but their drive, mental toughness, and competitiveness is unmatched. This to me is why they are at that level. The sooner that young players understand that finding other reasons than their own for their successes and failures sets them back. Teaching the game is so important, and reaching each of your players, however different they are is of the same importance, but making them take responsibility for their actions runs hand in hand with teaching the game so that they can be productive.