Skip to main content

Reply to "Coaches playing favorites"

Thank you to everyone who chimed in greatly appreciated. No I don't have my "Daddy glasses" on because I'm a baseball mom to 3 boys. I have never been the kind of mom that expects my kids deserve whatever they want. But that they must earn it so when I see lazy ball players( coach's kids) out on the field and they are starters that pisses me off. Also when the owner and coaches on other teams inform my husband and I that they are interested in our boys- who all pitch as well and have been pushed to the side no longer pitching and not starting and I also am not the type to kiss a coaches ass because I know my kids skills speak for themselves it doesn't add up.  It seems like the parents that kiss their ass are starting but are the same kids who are to damn worried about getting dirty or to afraid to get hit by the ball. One of my boys recently got injured during a game so he had to be out for a while (doctors orders) well both coaches never checked up on him, I informed them on an update a week later and no response. How do I ask the coach why they dont have my kids pitching anymore when they have a great track record getting kids out? Also how do I ask why they arent starting either i just want to get an answer so I stop pondering over it and finish the season without the daily headaches!