Skip to main content

Reply to "Coaches playing favorites"

MA2304,

So, it may be time for you & your husband to talk to whomever is running the team/organization and ask these questions.   However, I would be very careful how you ask the question about playing time given the situation you've described.   I've been in this situation with my oldest son when he was 14 years old and played on a state championship travel team.   He was a very good lefty hitter, and I couldn't understand why he wasn't hitting or hitting for himself in the lineup when he was pitching.  Well, I got some good reasons that my wife and were actually happy to hear.   So, please go into the conversation with an open mind and bury some of that frustration for the moment.   If the Coach comes back with no good reasons, well then you have your answer.  At the end of the day, your hard earned dollars are going to paying this organization to play baseball.  If they can't give  your kid a fair shake, then find another team.  BTW...It really bothers me that your son was hurt and none of the coaches checked in on him.   That really rubs me the wrong way.  That is not what good coaching looks like at any level.

JMO, and Good Luck!   Please let us know how this turns out.