Skip to main content

Reply to "Coaches Top 10 excuses Top 10 reasons"

quote:
tpm quote:
I am very surprised to see in the college game, coaches out of shape. If you expect your players to be in great physical shape, set an example.

Being of the same age as those you are speaking of, it is not as easy as it sounds. Most of these men were athletes in their day and worked out to stay that way. Athletes are a lot like cars, rode hard early, and almost impossible to keep in running at 100% when they get old. Yes there are some that don't try, but I for one attempt to keep my "girlish" figure and it doesn't work like it used to. Women also have their issues that are age related that they try to control but to no avail.

tpm I agree there are out of shape coaches, but also out of shape people across the board and I don't think its fair to make a blanket statement that coaches should set an example when many time you have no control and you are being compared to the 20 yr old athlete. Coaches being ex-athletes are pretty vain and their appearance has been a priority their hole life.
Last edited by rz1