Skip to main content

Reply to "Coaching descisions"

Originally Posted by IEBSBL:

So let me get this straight.  There are 16 kids on the roster, your son has started every game, and has hit in the heart of the lineup every game and there is something to stress about?  I am going to say this out loud in an attempt to get some explanation.  I don't understand parents?  Your son is hitting 3 or 4 and is playing every game while the are guys that are sitting the bench and your going to nit pick and gripe that he was a DH for 1 game.  Are we serious?  I understand this may look like a rant but I just truly don't understand it. 

I have a player who is having a tremendous season thus far.  Every goal that was laid out for him when fall started he has met, including where I needed him to hit in the lineup.  The kid goes 5-5 and steals 4 bases in a game.  The next day the dad asks, "Do you see yourself using my son on the mound this year?

I am meaning no disrespect towards any parent on this board and for the most part I have a good relationship with the parents of my players.  I am sorry for high jacking this thread.  I truly do not understand it and am looking for an explanation as to why parents must constantly find something negative, especially when their son is in a successful situation. 

BINGO!