Skip to main content

Reply to "Cold Weather Power 5 RHP Velocity"

coachld posted:

Is it me or is there a tendency for some of us to find as many holes as possible in each parent's question about playing D1 and/or P5 baseball? No doubt that some parents come to this board with unrealistic expectations but I think he asked a great question and has obviously done some research. As cabbagedad referenced, there are numerous ways to get on the radar of those schools.

One thing that is a constant on this board is that going somewhere you are loved and/or will play should be tops on the list of selecting the right school/program. Another constant is choosing a school that student would attend even if baseball did not work out. If that's ND, BC, Purdue, etc., then I say good for him. There are much worse options out there.

I believe it’s a legitimate concern some players/families will stretch the limits of college criteria to play D1. If baseball doesn’t work out at the chosen school and the kid is a thousand or more miles from home in a completely different world than he’s accustomed, while away from family. The odds of unhappiness increase exponentially. 

Last edited by RJM