Skip to main content

Reply to "College Athletes & Grades"

TPM posted:
lionbaseball posted:
Baseball33 posted:

Not baseball, but I have a hard time believing all of those football and basketball players, with tattoo sleeves go to all of their classes.

I'm having a hard time believing most of them were qualified to get into college.   They get degrees (if they graduate) that are worthless and are hoping they make the pro's. 

Why don't you guys look up college graduation rates before you make generalizations.  

... and toss the white robes. Since it's obvious the comments are aimed at black kids I'm going to tell you about one of my neighbors. 

Both parents are successful business people. Yes, his parents are married. Surprised? The kid graduated from a prestigious private school with about a 3.5. He went on to play for a perennially nationally ranked basketball program. He left college for the draft after junior year. He could have been a one and done as a freshman starter. He's played eight years in the NBA. He went to summer school to graduate from college after signing a multi million dollar first round contract.

Dont generalize. There's more of this than you realize. A kid like my neighbor doesn't make the news other than for scoring points. He never gets in trouble.

Last edited by RJM