Skip to main content

Reply to "College Athletes & Grades"

Baseball33 posted:

Stop trying to paint me as a racist or a bigot. I'm saying the obvious: SOME COLLEGE ATHLETES GET SPECIAL TREATMENT. For example, if the star QB at USC had a game the day of a test you think he's gonna say "sorry guys I can't play today I got a test" NO! Football and basketball create $$$ for colleges and the better the programs are the more money the college makes. So if Johnny Manziel wasn't making academic eligibility requirements you think A&M would bench him!? No! He brought so much money to that college. Also check out deadspin, they have a few article on the FSU Football program. On was written 6 months ago about how a former FSU official testified that over 40 football players that were investigated on assualt and domestic violence and they got special treatment. If you think that they tolerate domestic violence and not skipping class you're delusional. Reminder, this is FSU the great football team that won a National Championship in 2013 and made the CFP in 2014. Bottom line is this, Better atheltic programs= better revenue for the school. Also, I think easier classes are great for athletes they should be focused on athletics if that's what they came there for. 

No one said they didnt get special treatment. They should, they help make millions of dollars for their programs and bowl riches build new facilities and bring in new recruits. So its my opinion that they should not only get full scholarships but a very large stipend as well.  

I dont read deadspin because 90% of it is bs.

For the record you and Ernie turned this topic into a new direction, and yes you made unnecessay references about individuals.

Last edited by TPM