Skip to main content

Reply to "College Athletes & Grades"

fanofgame posted:

Well Thank God there are companies willing to train young grads and thank God others see things beyond a piece of paper.

Learning after college is something most students should continue to do to continue to improve their resumes along with job experience. 

Seriously, fanofgame, please refrain from the moral preening.

Yes, learning after college is a requirement. That's why it's important for people's college records to show that they've done it before.

What in the world do you want me to "see" "beyond" the pieces of paper they themselves submit to convince me they are willing to work and learn? Am I not allowed to read and evaluate the documents, or am I just supposed to rub my fingers over the embossed seals and be impressed by the name of the school?

The reputation of the college tells how successful they were in high school. The information on the transcript tells something about how hard they worked during college. Guess which is more relevant information?

When I'm sorting through a couple dozen resumes to fill a non-technical entry level job that barely pays enough for a young person to share an apartment in an expensive metro area, how much effort do you really expect me to expend to learn the life stories of all the applicants? 

Last edited by Swampboy