Skip to main content

Reply to "College Baseball and Covid"

@DanJ posted:

I'd argue that any "plan" that doesn't account for behaviors inherent to the college age group, is not a plan.  Hope is not a strategy.  I'd say the same thing for any national plan.  If your plan requires 90-95-100% adherence of 328 million people, you need to head back to the drawing board.  Same thing for adherence of 20,000 college students.  It's either that or adjust your desired outcome.  I think we should spend more time talking about what CAN be accomplished versus what we WISH could be accomplished.  

100% agree with this post.   Now I am hoping that Notre Dame sticks with their two week online only plan just announced - I do assume this was part of their plan if there was more than expected noncompliance.   If they end up sending kids home I am afraid that spring will be canceled too.   The only thing that could save spring if colleges bail on fall now would be a vaccine that could occur in a few months but then needs mass production.   The Notre Dame issue (as Ripken Fan points out) seems to be linked to an off campus party.  I think the kids who threw it and those that went should be restricted from campus and be online for the balance of the year (or semester).