Skip to main content

Reply to "College Baseball and Covid"

Thank you TPM.  The sad part, which I fully understand, is that college kids are getting a rude understanding of life due to Covid.  I know of three different campuses that are experiencing Covid among athletes.  One has all athletes in dorms so the ones who tested positive are having to stay in a dorm room for 14 days with no live interaction with anyone.  They knock on the door and leave their food outside on a table three times a day.  The other two are similar except they have freshmen in dorms and others in apartments.  The ones in apartments that tested positive were quarantined in their apartments and their roommates had to find somewhere else to live.  The freshmen are quarantined in a motel room by themselves.  At least they put the apartment guys in an apartment together but their apartment mates had to gather all their stuff and move somewhere for 2 weeks.  Their is fear of what to do and how they will be affected when they go back.  If they still test positive after 2 weeks it starts all over.  Not the baseball experience these guys were expecting.   I understand it but it is sad.