Skip to main content

Reply to "College Baseball Reality"

Francis7 posted:

How often does that fairytale come true?  ....

There are no fairytales in college baseball.  Dreams become labors of love with plenty of highs and PLENTY of lows.  You do your best, as you are doing, to try to help your son pick the best option to pursue those efforts.  Even taking every possible step to assure best choice, things change and there are things that you just won't know until you're there. 

Meanwhile, DON"T FORGET to fully enjoy your son's dream days and HS experience. 

I keep reminding you because you keep coming back with different ways to ask very similar questions about the finite points of the recruitment pursuit, which may or may not indicate you are neglecting the present a bit.  We never hear you talk about how much he or you or both are enjoying these last few years with him in the household, enjoying the experiences of life with a HS teen, enjoying the day at the ballpark today.  Maybe that's just the way you choose to utilize this forum.  I don't know.  Just seems strange so worth repeating.

In fact, I think I'll try to answer your OP question another way...

Yes, the chances that things don't work out for your son with his college choice for baseball are statistically quite high, so be sure to fully embrace and enjoy him as someone other than a baseball player... you know, just in case  

Last edited by cabbagedad