Skip to main content

Reply to "College coach coming to a HS practice"

quote:
Originally posted by TPM:
Eric,
Do you have the answer to every question your kids ask, or do you encourage them to look up the answer and educate themselves on the subject?

You as well as others have been directed to the NCAA site on many occassions, however, you could use google and do a search, sometimes you just have to type in the question.

Can a college coach talk to a player if he comes to visit him at a game. Depends on what division, what time of year, etc. Coach May made a great post in another topic, sometimes this process is about personal responsibility.

However, I really don't beleive you come here for answers, you just come here to give updates on your sons recruiting process.

I simply typed in the question you asked, I found the answer (though I knew it), you might want to try to do some research on your own, perhaps not at work if you are busy. I am sure that you didn't need to have that answer ASAP!?!

It's just gotten to be old.

For the sake of argument, let's assume the OP was trying to brag, though I can't see it in his question. I may be overstepping my bounds as a newbie, but I have observed that there have been multiple warm, supportive threads celebrating the accomplishments of HSBBwebbers, especially oldtimers, stemming from posts not implicitly/overtly intended to be "bragging" threads. Perhaps the OP does not have people in his non-virtual community with which he can share his excitement about his son's recruiting process. We all know how it is...the only people who might care may very well have kids who are competing with our own children for playing time, etc. I would hope that this warm, supportive community (I have seen the phrase "HSBBW family" mentioned multiple times)would be receptive to all, no matter how "awkwardly" newcomers may try to enter the group. C'mon guys, it's not high school any more...let's be nice.