Skip to main content

Reply to "College coach coming to a HS practice"

quote:
Originally posted by cb12:
ClevelandDad...did you read my original question (March 1st one you are referring to) I asked if they can come to a practice...I did not ask if they could "talk" to the player. I didn't think about it when I first asked. I also didn't think to ask that first time if the rules are different for my son, who is a junior, verses if he were a senior. I am SOOOOOO sorry for my ignorance. I can't believe how this whole thread is going. Wow...this is certainly not the way to welcome a newbie. Is this the way it is on here....ask a "stupid" question in the eyes of the long time users and you get harassed. Wow!

Read 3FG's answer in YOUR thread. It talks about visitation AND CONTACT. That is precisely why you remain "ignorant" and I am indeed sorry for that. I'll re-post for clarity. Maybe we should start a thread and ask what month we are in right now. Would that be ok for a topic?

quote:
Yes, basically a college coach cannot evaluate or make in-person, off-campus contact with a player from mid November through February.

13.02.5.3 Quiet Period. A quiet period is a period of time when it is permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts only on the institution’s campus. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts or evaluations may
be made during the quiet period.
13.02.5.4 Dead Period. [i] A dead period is a period of time when it is not permissible to make in-person recruiting contacts or evaluations on or off the institution’s campus ........

For baseball the Quiet Period is the Friday of the week of the fall signing of the National Letter of Intent through
the month of February. The Dead Periods are the near the early signing period in November, and the near the first week of the spring signing periood.