Skip to main content

Reply to "College coach problems"

SUMOM3 posted:
CTbballDad posted:

Since he was injured last year, he hasn't even gone through a full season as an active player.  For that reason alone, I would stick it out for the year.  Was he rough on your son last year?  If not, maybe this is his way of trying to motivate your son.  Why would a head coach watch a bullpen session? Typically, as I understand it and have been told, a pitcher will interact much more with the PC than the HC.  Does he love his teammates and how important is that over his relationship with the HC?

At the end of the year, if he's still miserable and the negatives outweigh the positives, then maybe you reconsider.  In hindsight, perhaps your relationship/read of the HC should have been more of a factor in choosing this school?

Good luck

Correct, he only played last fall for this coach, and in D3 that’s not much. This will be his first full season if he sticks with it.    The coach was definitely cold last year, but his rudeness is bothering my son more this year.  Being asked to leave practice because he missed a wild pitch was the breaking point.   He does love his teammates... he’s made some great friends.  And several of them are unhappy with the coach. Although they don’t say it in such polite terms.   And I agree... we should have talked more about this HC when my son made his decision.   I’m so mad at myself for not speaking up when my gut told me that I didn’t like this guy. 

SUMOM3

I sent you a PM