Skip to main content

Reply to "College coach problems"

I'm going to go another way with this.  We hear it all the time on here yet have not heard it in this conversation.  Have him make an appointment with the HC and sit down.  Maybe there is something he needs to hear from the HC about the situation.  Every now and then in life, we do something that we do not realize or have unfair expectations.  Maybe he has done something without realizing it or maybe the HC is just trying to motivate him to be more assertive and want it.  I know my middle son at times became complacent when he did not have the success he did in high school and it showed in his pitching and practices.  The AC called me at least twice and wanted to know if something was going on they did not know about.  I told them he was the kid who needed the kick in the butt and a strong talking to to be motivated.  He called the next night and told me the coaches had jumped his butt about his lack of competitiveness and I said good.  I told him later they had called me.  Again, some coaches style of motivation is not the same as others.  Some motivate through love and others through discipline.  I think there has to be a mix of both.  At least have him ask before he quits.  May change everything.