Skip to main content

Reply to "College coach problems"

At the end of the day, it's about school and an education....not baseball.  My son's HC has been much like your son's for the 3 years he's been there.....not just to my son, but basically to every kid in the program.  It's gotten tougher and tougher to attend games....EVERY single parent has the same story about the crap their kids put up with.  Couple that with both on-field and off the field incidents between the coach and players and it's become painful to watch.    I actually told my son at the end of last season if he wanted to "walk away and enjoy his Senior year" that I'd be all for it.   He decided to stay....practice starts today so we'll see how it goes.   It's no different than any other job.....if your boss is a jerk, you either 1) put up with it as long as you can or 2) if it gets too bad, you leave.   It happens all the time....coaches "love" every kid when they're recruiting them....but once you get into the program, the coach is there for one reason.....to win games.  Some coaches don't click with certain players.....some coaches are just POS to everyone lol.   It's a tough decision, but not worth wasting 3 years of his life being miserable.   Consider all options and make a decision based on that

Last edited by Buckeye 2015