Skip to main content

Reply to "College coach problems"

I'm obviously in the minority but I have no problem with my son being coached by a screaming coach.  But I think you need to separate the coach who is screaming for a reason and the coach whos it just screaming. My son's program expects to make it to the NCAA tournament every year, with the goal of making it to Omaha. They are trying to put you in uncomfortable situations so that you are able to deal with the pressure. However I understand that each player deals with these types of coaches differently. We had a pitcher who came in with my son, the HC said that he had the potential to be one of the best to wear their uniform. Currently there are 19 alums in the majors. He was the friday started his freshman year. That lasted 4 weeks. He was the Friday started his sophomore year that lasted 3 weeks. When everything was going good he was great, when things weren't he feel apart. I had several conversations with his father. He told me some of the comments that the pitching coach said to him. They would make a NY taxi driver blush. I told him that was the type of coach that I responded to, because I would show him how wrong he was. He said he was the same, but that wasn't his son. He was drafted in the first round last year and had a great 1st year in the minors. The word on the street is that he had to get away from the college coaches, I live in the same town so I know several people who knows the family. So now my questions are, did the college coaches put too much pressure on him so he could not perform or did the pressure prepare him for the next level?