Skip to main content

Reply to "College coach problems"

SUMOM3 posted:

Hi everyone, I’m the OP.  I haven’t had much to contribute since my initial post and follow-up.  But I have enjoyed reading all the comments.  I just wanted to say that I still support my son 100% in his decision, but man it has been way harder for me than I thought it would be!!  I am truly sad that he isn’t playing anymore. There are so many reminders in this house of his 14 years playing baseball.  And it seems like every memory that pops up on Facebook is a baseball post lol.  Has anyone else gone through this “mourning” when their child hung up their cleats for good? I know that must sound ridiculous, but I’ll really miss watching him play... mainly because I loved watching him do what he loved.  I don’t let him know how I’m feeling  though... because if I’m this sad, I know it must really be bothering him and I don’t want to make it worse for him. I know he was really, really worried about disappointing his dad and me. 

I feel for you. I mourned volleyball when my daughter decided not to play in college, but I knew when I was watching her last game. I can only imagine it is much harder when you don’t know it’s the last time.  Continue to be proud.  He knows his worth and won’t allow someone to make him feel less than and that is a great trait.