Skip to main content

Reply to "College coach problems"

Man, I hate these threads.  My daughter 2019 (twin sister of my RHP) decided last year she doesn't want to play sports in college, softball or volleyball, and she has the talent to do both.  I think she'll miss being on a team and the bonds you make, but I support her decision.  Not looking forward to softball season, as that's the sport she's vested so much time in.  This past summer was her last travel year and she cried for HOURS after her last game, and she's not a crier.  Mom and me were a wreck. 

I remember senior night last year, I was emotional for the senior parents, who knew this was the last time they would watch their kids play organized sports.  Luckily, I'll be able to watch my son in college, but I still dread the thoughts of when it will all end.

Good luck SUMOM.  I will admit, I was sad for you and your son when I read he made the decision he did.  But, as many have pointed out, there's so much more and he's got a good head on his shoulders (I would maybe throw it out there, if he does have regrets, he can always reconsider, just so he knows you support him and it's OK to rethink it).