Skip to main content

Reply to "College Coaches Show Case Camp"

Julio posted:

Good afternoon, my son is a MIF sophmore at very competitive HS Program in So. Fl. Coach has diffferent Colleges visit our schools workouts frequently throughout the year, and takes the school team to couple of Tournaments a year including PG Worlds in Jupiter, Fl.

Son is already in varsity, and gets some playing time, but not a starter yet. Should Start as a MIF his Junior Year.

My son recently got a letter to an invite from an Ohio University Coach asking him to attend to this Camp/showcase (letter sent to school addressed to his name) to register in the Jacksonville FL event in early November.

http://www.collegebaseballprospects.com/

I just wanted honest opinion from forum members if this is worth it or a money grabber. Couple of Jucos and  D1s are listed as attending. 

Thanks.

Ohio is relentless on the e-mails for these camps they collaborate on around the country. Thousands sent every year.

Also, look at their roster and where they sign their players from. Teams like Ohio typically are not fully funded at 11.7 scholarships, so they tend to recruit home-grown talent or talent from border states. Couple of kids from California and one from Texas (outliers) but everyone else is from the rust belt.

Last edited by GaryMe