Skip to main content

Reply to "College Commits: Where was the Player 1st Seen, and How Often?"

fenwaysouth posted:
3and2Fastball posted:

So far (and I recognize this is a small sample) there doesn't appear to be a lot of players being seen at Perfect Game events.  Probably just a fluke.  I recognize how valuable a Perfect Game evaluation is....  

There have been a few PG mentions, however a lot of these seem like Headfirst, Showball, Stanford, and College Camp "discoveries"

That wasn't the specific question you asked.  

My son attended many PG events (team won WWBA in 2007) over many years with his travel team, but it had no bearing on his specific school that he committed and attended.   It is my assumption that every school that offered or was serious about him did a PG search on him....i would if I was a college coach.

My understanding is HeadFirst, Showball, Stanford and college prospect camp discoveries are individual events (no travel teams) and may have been used to either see a recruit again or to bring a recruit in to make a decision or offer.   I can tell you in my son's case we looked at HeadFirst as insurance policy.   We were concerned about finding the right fit of engineering and college baseball.   The initial schools he looked at did not check the box for engineering.  

I think you are comparing two very different exposure strategies.  Again, JMO.

Bingo