Skip to main content

Reply to "College Corner"

LOL about the sheet thing. A few years ago when the oldest was a freshman he came home at Thanksgiving and washed his sheets for the first time. Eek Eek The second set had never been used. We had a quick talk about the need to wash sheets, towels, etc. regularly.

Of course, there was also the bat bag that he brought him that we didn't unpack for weeks -- I just threw most of the science experiment gone really bad out. Wink

After his first year of apartment living, I thought about writing a book titled, "Mom, how do I....." that would have answers to all the questions he had during his first year of living alone. Like removing gum or wine (don't ask), from carpet or the couch. Or, how long after the expiration date is milk still good? Or, how long does left over chicken stay good? Or, how do I sew on buttons that have come off my shorts. Or, how do I keep the spaghetti from sticking to the pan? Or..... you get the idea. Happy to say that he cooked Valentine's Day dinner for his girlfriend and she reports that it was really good!

Our second leaves this month and he and we are much better prepared. Tips from this website were really helpful.

Best of luck college Moms.