Skip to main content

Reply to "College Corner"

puma1 - I know exactly how you feel right now.

We are 750 miles away and I'll never forget the feeling last year - how empty we both felt when we left him at school and drove home. Time will take care of these feelings as it did with us. Fungo is right, the cell phone helps remain connected in a big way.

You will be shocked at how much growth your young man will experience and be surprised at how proud you are because of his growth. The only way for that to occur however is for him to go and learn some things on his own.

Here are some postive thoughts I can leave you with. He is with a baseball family/fraternity down there. They will help look after him, make sure he gets to class, make sure he studies, and provide an instant social network that the general student body does not enjoy.

They will keep him busy at the ball field and socially such as going out and doing good works in the community and attending church as a team. In short, the team atmosphere will help him adjust being away. As for you, it just takes a little time. All is good