Skip to main content

Reply to "College Corner"

It's hard to beleive that mine is going into his third year. Eek

After being away from home for 8 months he made a trip home, not because he was homesick (his home now is where he goes to school) but to see his old friends before they headed off to school!

Just to let you know in the next few weeks you will be thinking more about him that he you and his family at home. He now becomes part of a different family and everything will revolve around that, for the next 3,4 maybe 5 years. You will learn not to take it personally when he calls home, for something he needs, the hello how are you coming second..and that he doesn't call as much as you would like. The first couple of months is the hardest, a bigger adjustment for us than them actually. Then spring comes and you are so busy following the team, either online or traveling and then you turn around and the school year is OVER.

Ours also is very far from home, he can't jump in the car and come home for a weekend or mom and dad can't "drop" in. I think being so far away has made him much more independent than he or we realize.

Puma,
The first year the stuff for the bathroom was more important for me too than him, the second year his imput was a bit more as it was "his own" place. Now it's a "go get what you need yourself" type of arrangement! Big Grin