Skip to main content

Reply to "College Fall Cuts"

@adbono posted:

@@BaseballMOM05, I saw your rant but my phone won’t let me reply to it. All that you say is what has turned into the business side of college baseball. It’s cold and hard and that’s just a reality. It underscores the importance of doing your homework and being realistic about the choice that is made. Reaching for an option that’s a low percentage play is riskier than ever. Many have said it on here before but never has it been more important to go somewhere that everyone would be happy with if baseball doesn’t work out.

Yeah, I deleted my rant. I felt it was pointless.  It just really upsets me for kids, and parents, that put so much into playing baseball at the college level, and then BAM...it's over sometimes before it even begins - all because college baseball is a "cut throat business."  Just doesn't seem right. Sometimes sports, whatever sport it is, is a person's only way to get to college. Just so many things I'm learning about this process and it makes me sad and mad - all at once! LOL!

Last edited by BaseballMOM05