Skip to main content

Reply to "College Fall Cuts"

It's called due diligence.  Do. Your. Homework.  Ask the tough questions.  If I remember correctly, my most important question to the HC on the visit was wanting to know about roster size and turnover.  The HC said he usually runs with 32-35, but would reluctantly run with about 38 for the 20-21 year due to Covid.  Is running with 37 so far this fall.  I'd much prefer 32-35, but how many programs can say they're running with 37/38 guys and that their numbers are swollen?  Different strokes for different folks, but I simply can't imagine being okay with my kid heading to a program with 40+ on their roster.  50+ would be mortifying, yet plenty exist at that size.  My son enjoys PLAYING baseball.  He is far from guaranteed playing time on his team, but Vegas likes his chances a helluva lot more than if he were on a team of 45, 50, or 55.  No one can make things fair, but with some humility, some research and deprioritizing ego and bragging rights, you can get at least somewhere closer to fair.