Skip to main content

Reply to "College Fall Cuts"

@314Calhoun posted:

I'm very sorry about what happened to your son and don't want to come across as insensitive. However, I couldn't help but ask. If he is at a HA school that he likes and is an academic junior, then why wouldn't he just stay and complete his degree? Couldn't club ball or a men's league satisfy his desire to play baseball while he completes his degree? Is he still hoping to become a pro prospect? Don't underestimate the benefits of graduating 2 yrs early and getting started on a  career, that is exciting too. I wish you son luck in whatever path he chooses.

Calhoun, thanks so much for your kind words. Not at all insensitive and definitely staying at his current school is not off the table ! He may try to graduate early and then still have eligibility left to play in grad school, so he'll have to weigh his options. The biggest part is if he decides to go that route , staying in shape and on a pitching program would need to be figured out since the club ball program at his school isn't very competitive.

Last edited by 2thousand19LHP