Skip to main content

Reply to "College Hitters"

@adbono posted:

All that is true. Of course. But the summer circuit has gotten extremely watered down and college coaches know that. The (what are believed to be) elite HS hitters don’t regularly face the (what are believed to be) elite HS pitchers on a regular basis anymore. It is a random occurrence or a big event when that happens. Either way it’s too small of a sample size. IMO, based on how ordinary travel ball has become, the best indicator of how good a HS hitter actually is can be seen in district play in HS - IF it is a very competitive district. In Texas there are 6 -8 6A districts where hitters face a college bound arm every Tuesday & Friday night. If a player stands out in those districts, especially for 2 years or more, that is a very good indicator that he will be a good hitter in college. I have seen this with my own eyes consistently over the past six years.

Well yes that is true. That is where the network of vetted coaches and orgs comes into play which all of the teams that made the tournament pretty much exclusively recruit from.

Can't speak to district play because that is not a thing in my area. If you want to get recruited around here you better play for somebody connected