Skip to main content

Reply to "College Hitting Camp Problem"

quote:
Originally posted by BlueDog:
quote:
I believe Pujols keeps his front foot closed more on away pitches and opens it a little more on inside pitches.

CoachB25 and Power, I filmed a hitter I'm working with yesterday.....I found this interesting, as I never really noticed before....

On pitches up in the zone, he was landing closed with his front foot....And, on pitches low in the zone, he was landing open with the front foot.....

We didn't discuss this, at all....He was just doing it.....Weight shift is something I monitor closely...And, his weight shift was equally as good....

It seems pitch location was dictating the angle of the front foot....

In one of those twilight zone moments, I noticed this tonight with my daughter and her friend. We have taken the balls we feed out of a machine and have mixed buckets so that no two balls are ever in the same location. I too have some of these adjustments on film and am hoping to look more closely in the coming days. Power, if you saw video of my girl, you'd see a very similar approach and swing. Similar but I'm not saying that she is MLB material. Far from it.