Skip to main content

Reply to "College of Charleston supports baseball coach after profanity-laced team meeting"

@mjd-dad posted:

Thanks for engaging in this topic, I appreciate the diversity of thought and balance in the differing opinions.

I've read the article several times over now, trying not to read too much between the lines.  The use of profanity does not bother me, and hearing that a coach will chew out his players on occasion to get more out of them does not bother me.  IMO, great leaders of high performing teams need to get the right people on their bus, and need to get the wrong people off their bus.  The rub (and the red flag) for me is the implicit threat of physical violence along with the apparent lack of total respect between the coaching staff and some of the players.  As much as any parent, I want my 2024 to be part of winning college baseball program in a couple years; and I also want my son to be surrounded by mentors with outstanding core values.  I'll continue to help my son search for "the right fit" and (hope he goes where he is loved), just don't think that will be at CoC. Respectfully ...

I think that is logical thought process, you will find lots of different flavors before you make choice.