Skip to main content

Reply to "College One Day Camps?"

We went to three, one really hosted by PBR and had to have it for underclassmen showcase, and Missouri coaches were there and did a great job of interacting with my son and others but not everybody.  Went to another school and they catered to my son all day.  It was so bad that the other parents were asking what was the deal with this kid.  He literally sat on a bucket with the coaches for part of the day and ate lunch with HC.  They asked to come back the next week for offer.  Went back to Missouri at HC's  request after they hired new staff.  No one talked to him all day except a player he knew.  When we were leaving the VA stopped him and said he needed to work on his command.  I looked at him and said did you watch him pitch?  He said no just one of their player's notes.  I said he threw 8 pitches in the one inning he pitched and had 2 K's.  The RC called the next week and did not even realize he was at the camp which the RC was at also.  It would have taken a lot to get our attention after that from them.  Each camp is different.  Coaches also see camps and showcases differently.  Some coaches see it as a tool and others just as money maker.  I also believe you have to be on their radar to be worth it.  Unless you are the man you can't just show and hope you get seen.