Skip to main content

Reply to "College One Day Camps?"

tequila posted:
cabbagedad posted:

Great feedback from others and particularly good "across levels" perspective from Tequila.  My only warning to his objectives would be regarding the "feel for level of play".  Many one day single school camps get low quantity and/or low quality level players, therefore giving no indication whatsoever as to what one might expect for any level of play.  Son once attended a camp for a strong D2 program.  He stood out at the camp and, at the time, he was not one that would stand out at that level.  This is an area where attending a bigger event and/or playing competitive travel with an organization that plays in the big events can be more helpful.

I should have clarified this cabbagedad; what I meant by "feel for level of play" is not in relation to the other camp attendees rather what the expectations of the coaches are (they will sometimes say things like "you need to be at a 2.0 flat or better" to be a Tiger catcher) and what the college players look like who are helping with the camp as they will often demonstrate various skills, etc.

Ahh, got it.  Makes sense.. my bad