Skip to main content

Reply to "College One Day Camps?"

Son is a MI not PO as the OP but here was our experience. With the exception of one early on (Sophomore fall?), son went to school related camps only after there was constant communication between son and RC and or HC. He got much mileage out of the big bang for buck showcases freshman and sophomore years. Son's main focus was on schools in 2 D1 HA conferences. Though son didn't know exactly where he was "on the board" he knew if he was on the radar. In the end the lone showcase he went to as a junior was one where 2 of his "final 3" attended. The school camps don't have the huge numbers that showcases have, so that if the player is known, he'll get attention. Son prepped going to these knowing the coaches and what some of the players looked like from the school websites.

After he graduated from college, we reminisced about the  $$ I spent on PG, baseball factory, showcases and camps. But it was a defensive position players camp run by the RC where son went from prospect to valued recruit. There were only about 20 or 25 players present--son really stuck out and received much kudos from coach throughout (i think 3 future teammates were assisting ). He received an offer from this school 5 months later and accepted.  Man, that was the best SEVENTY FIVE dollars I ever spent on baseball.