Skip to main content

Reply to "College parents beware!!"

AZRed,
I agree with RZ1...that it is a very good question. I don’t think anyone would think less of a parent for NEVER signing on to a website, NEVER posting any information about their son and their experiences...but on the other hand... You have so much to be proud of and so much to share. Here’s the way I look at it...when I found the HSBBW is was a fledgling product of Bob, his son, and a few players and parents that had already gone through a process of getting to the next level and were willing to share their experiences. Had they not done that, things would have been a real challenge for my son. I learned everything from them. I do feel a sense of obligation to pass on some of the information I learned from them and some that I gathered myself. This whole process has probably been the greatest experience I have ever been through. It’s not JUST baseball. It’s sharing a part of your life with your son and then being able to communicate and share that experience with others that are doing the same thing. You see, I know how you feel when your son hits a homerun or strikes out. I know how you feel when he is put on the bench. I know how you feel when his name goes up on the scoreboard. I’ve had to wipe the tears of hurt, the tears of joy, and I’ve had to bite my lip many times. Sure we could all go our own way and do our own thing. That would be OK. I guess I look at it much the same way I think my son does when he steps on the field. He’s knows he’s part of a team...a family if you will....a group that laughs when he laughs and hurts when he hurts. I think the majority of the posters on the HSBBW feel much the same way. I say lets all do what we can do to continue the tradition.
That's just the way I feel,
Fungo