Skip to main content

Reply to "College parents beware!!"

Fungo,

You truly are one of the good old boys on this great site. You're always trying to help others understand things based on sharing you and your sons experiences. And you are not alone.

What drew me to the HSBBweb was the many people who were really trying to help others. Of course, more than anyone that includes Bob.

I've read so much on this site, the good, the bad and yes even the ugly. But the good is just too good to ignore. I think it makes some of us want to get involved and help.

I suppose some might look at my involvement as being promotional or marketing, but that just isn't true. Before identifying myself, the name was "The Truth" and only Bob knew. Even then if the topic was PG it was avoided.

Others might think... what a know-it-all, but that's not true either. Guess I do have a lot of experience but... In fact, I believe I have learned much more than I've ever given on the HSBBWeb.

Most importantly I've learned that there are a lot of great parents out there who are involved (the right way) with their kids. And they're willing to help those who may not have experienced everything yet.

I really wish this site exsisted when my kids were young. Not so much because of baseball, but more because I might have learned to be a better father. Afterall, baseball ends for everyone at some point. You are a father or mother till the day you die.

Hardly ever use the word "great" in our line of work, but there are a lot of "great" parents involved with the HSBBWeb.

justbaseball,

You too are among the many givers. Tell you what, I'm positive that there are parents here on the HSBBWeb who will get that opportunity you mention someday. Maybe your son, or Fungo's son, BBScout's son, OPP's son, BigHit's son, TPM's son, And many many others.

If anyone wants to talk about nasty websites, go to any of the MLB messageboards and hang on to your chair.

I can almost guarantee that if your son gets there, you will feel the wrath of the "fans". I do hope no one ever experiences the full house booing though.

If so, you might as well join in and boo too, or they might figure out who you are and hang you.

I've heard this booing many times before, but it sure is a lot different when your son is the reason. It's a real strange feeling that comes over you. Not sure anyone can prepare for it. It is just part of the game, I kept telling my wife. Afterwards son knew what to tell her... "No big deal Mom... When I do good they'll all be cheering."