Skip to main content

Reply to "College pitching coaching"

quote:
Originally posted by BobbleheadDoll:
TPM he had a great P coach in his freshman and Sr year. The 2 in the middle were terrible as far as catching the mechanical issues. He did complain about a minor discomfort in his shoulder near the end of his soph year but said it felt okay after throwing a bit. He and another LHP led the team in ERA and he led the team in OBA until a few games at the end of the season. The other LHP had TJ surgery last year.
I asked him why he didn't talk to the coaches and he said they didn't think it was anything serious. He is not the type to make a fuss. About a month before the end of his SR year he told his Mom his shoulder was really hurting and he hoped it would hold up until he was done.
I can't explain why he did that. It still bothers him a little .

Oh, so he didn't have an injury? Or he did? He had it for two years of just at the end? What is it?
He led the team in ERA?
I am not sure you realize how much harm your above implication can do to hurt a program.
How hurt could he have been if he didn't ask to have it checked out, coaches are not doctors, they send their players to the team doctor when a player has an issue. Why didn't he let you know? I am sure you wouold have advised him to get a docs opinion.