Skip to main content

Reply to "College Pitching Stats"

MOC1 not offence taken and I agree 100%. We have answered the uestion many times that was asked. The reason he is in US college ball is to see if he can take the step up to 90+. Most of the interest he has had has been from US scouts while on trips. We are just thrilled that he made the travel roster in his freshman year and were not expecting that although we had high hopes. A father of a pitcher is constantly wondering how far he will go. He 1s 6'4" with long skinny arms and fingers. I have seen scouts look at his hands and tell the others look at this guys hands. We chose schools mainly based on the quality of competition, academics, great location and good coaching.
I have read atleast 100 ML reports and often get a laugh out of a few. The guys I gave as examples are not to lump velocity guys into a group and trash them but more a question of what were they thinking when they drafted that guy. Last year there were guys taken out of low ranked schools and conferences. The draft to me is very subjective and it is much like being recruited by schools. Just because you sign dosent mean you will play.
PG would be very familiar with Loewen, Francis and Davidson all 90+ LHP. These guys are great pitchers. Francis was a Barely 80mph pitcher at freshman year. Tried unsuccessfully to get a US scholarship and was drafted by the Rockies. He spent only about 1 yr in the minors (1.8 M. bounus). Loewen who I have seen pitch many times is amazing (4 yr deal 7.2M, 3.2 Bonus) is still in the minors after 3 yaers. Davidson who my son has been a teammate with when he played up(3 Years older) has been in the minors for 3+ years. These are all great pitchers with velocity and control. Davidson had some problems when he got sick in Cuba while playing with our national team and his velocity suffered and they found scare tissue on his L shoulder in 1st year single A.