Skip to main content

Reply to "College Program Evaluations ?"

quote:
I would recommend listening to some of the games on the radio via internet feed. I find it interesting to listen to the announcers, some of them who have been with the teams for many years. You can get a pretty good idea after listening to a few games on the coaches style, type of game they play etc.

Many of the announcers have no idea what is really going on and just try to spin it into something it isn't Smile

I would agree with TR that style of play etc. is probebely over doing it, (unless your son is a pitcher and the coach abuses pitchers) I think the interaction of the coach with players and umpires is more important then his style of play.

I would recomend just watching the game to enjoy it. If you aren't enjoying watching the game then perhaps the school isn't for you! Whether or not the coach gets kids in the game is easily ascertained by looking at the stats.

My son's second time around the recruiting process, he had a several good choices and he based his decision on how well he got along with the coach and the opportunity to play everyday. Style of play was not much an issue.