Skip to main content

Reply to "College questions"

@Dadof3 posted:

So I’m watching college ball on tv, got me thinking.  What separates, d1, d2 and d3 players?  Is it who they played for on their summer teams (who has the connections and who doesn’t)?  Is it all things equal but one runs a 6.6 and one runs a 7.0?  Is it one can hit 95 and the other ones can only hit 90?  Is there such a thing as a “bad” college player?  

second part; do some of these kids who bat 5,6,7,8,9 ever make the mibl?  I guess the question should be, what separates a stud on d1 versus a draft pick?  

If you have sons that love to play and wish to play in college. This website has tons and tons of  information that will help you  understand the differences in the divisions, as well as the process. I see that you have a 2023. That's right around the corner. I am not as familiar with D3 baseball but between D1 and D2 it's usually in the arms.

At this point 2023's are sharing video and emails with coaches, planning on attending camps.

Also, as a suggestion, attend college games.

As to your second part, yes players that bat in any order can get drafted. There is a lot more that goes into the draft process than where you hit in the lineup.