Skip to main content

Reply to "College questions"

@XFactor posted:

I appreciate the lack of nuance with more lack of nuance. In the general sense of, "Are there really bad D3 programs, and really good high school programs, and can the really good high school team win against the really bad D3 team?" The answer is yes, there are in fact really bad teams. The slang for that would be garbage. I'm not insinuating every player/coach on a bad team is garbage. Likewise, not every player/coach on a great team is some upstanding great person. Some are absolute scum.

Are there really bad players on D3 teams, and/or really bad coaches on D3 teams? Absolutely. Are there players that play at the D3 level that do not try their best, absolutely. Are there coaches that are basically monkeys with a uniform that fill out a line up card and sit back, even yes at the D3 level, of course. So while I'm not intending to paint with a big broad brush, not everybody in every situation is sitting there trying their hardest for the love of the game, either. Not even at the D1 level.

I posted a while ago about how HSBBW was biased towards D1, and mentioned that it was off-putting. I was told by several long-time posters that that was not the case, that I needed to spend more time on here to appreciate how appreciative everyone is of D3/D2/JUCO/NAIA, etc.

Your posts are an excellent example of why my first impression was correct.