Skip to main content

Reply to "College Recruiting"

OK, a little more work and I was able to find your grandson...

He has no posted metrics on PG; he has only played in one PG event.

His most recent metrics posted on PBR are the following:

6'-3" 200 lbs, 81 OF velocity, 7.25 60, and 95 exit velocity. His most recent stats on PBR were from May 2019 and that's where his OF and 60 time comes from. His exit velo on that date was 89 (still not bad); his 95 exit velocity is from 2018. In my opinion, a 6'-3" 200 lbs kid should be in the 90's at a minimum just based on size alone.

One other note: a PBR exit velocity is not the same as a PG exit velocity because PG's is wood-bat only. Most of PBR's exit velocity postings are metal bat unless noted in their comments (as in a Pro Case event where they use wood bat only).

So the metrics you posted in your OP are REALLY GOOD, they are just not backed up by one of the two major metric databases for prep baseball. If your grandson gets the metrics you reported up on PG or PBR, he will get plenty of attention.

With the above information (metrics actually posted), I do not see D1 coaches paying much if any attention unless he's in contact with them. An OF with his size should project very well in my opinion. He needs to continue to work hard, contact MANY coaches this winter, and have a comprehensive plan for the spring and summer. He needs to get as much exposure as possible.