Skip to main content

Reply to "College Recruiting Advisers - Good and Bad Experiences"

Buckeye 2015 posted:

Agree, the comment about "advisors" being linked to top level travel organizations makes no sense to me.  My son played 17U for the "B-team" of a very good organization here in Ohio....they played the same events as the "A-team"....and every kid on his team that wanted to play D1 baseball ended up on a D1 team.  Even as the "B-team" we regularly had 20-25 coaches/RC's from all over the country at our games.  We played in highly scouted events....the Midwest Prospect League, Cincy Flames, Music City Classic, etc.   The name on the front of the jersey drew coaches/RC's/Scouts....we didn't need any advisors.  I would assume the other top level orgs don't need them either. 

Agreed. Why would anyone need an advisor when the head coach is a former D1 player and an assistant coach is a former D1 coach and an associate pro scout? They’re calling college coaches to come look at certain players they believe fit their program. 

Son’s friend played on a travel team with the same set up geared towards D3. When the travel head coach received a D3 job offer he took a few of his travel players with him. 

Last edited by RJM