Skip to main content

Reply to "College Recruiting Advisers - Good and Bad Experiences"

57special posted:
Buckeye 2015 posted:
57special posted:
Buckeye 2015 posted:

Agree, the comment about "advisors" being linked to top level travel organizations makes no sense to me.  My son played 17U for the "B-team" of a very good organization here in Ohio....they played the same events as the "A-team"....and every kid on his team that wanted to play D1 baseball ended up on a D1 team.  Even as the "B-team" we regularly had 20-25 coaches/RC's from all over the country at our games.  We played in highly scouted events....the Midwest Prospect League, Cincy Flames, Music City Classic, etc.   The name on the front of the jersey drew coaches/RC's/Scouts....we didn't need any advisors.  I would assume the other top level orgs don't need them either. 

Hey, was that the "Tri-State (Somethings)"? Son was on a good 18U team a couple of years playing down in Indianapolis and ran into them, seemed to be the best team down there. Pitching was insane. They all threw in the 90's, with good control and movement. Think they won Jupiter the year before.

I assume you're thinking Tri State Arsenal from NJ.  They played in Indianapolis quite a bit when my son was down there.  My son played for Ohio Elite at 17U

Ya know, I think it wasn't called Tri-State, but was told that the players draw on three states...IND, OH, and ? Maybe it was Ohio Elite...like I said, a very good team, built like football players. 

Certainly wasn't a NJ team.

Triple Crown Royals maybe?   Columbus Area....some of the staff/coaches used to be with Ohio Elite.  A lot of good teams play in the big events in Grand Park.  By far the best facility in the Midwest....and Indy has a lot to do during down time between games.