Skip to main content

Reply to "college recruiting"

quote:
Originally posted by bleacherfan: He was told he was top choice, visited, & was made an attractive offer. Looking son and parent in the eye, the head coach (as well as the recruiter) said he didn't understand players making early commitments and to not feel pressured. They had my son's SATs, his transcripts. They made weekly calls. My son thought carefully and finally called them when he was ready to commit. Answer, "We've been heavily recruiting and don't have the same offer on the table." All folks we talked to ranked this program and its coaches as honest, above board, open. We are a little stunned. when ready to verbally commit, that the offer no longer stands, that they've been recruiting and filling their roster needs?

Sounds like the calls we had saying you are the # 1 player we want in the early NLI, and when crunch time came, they said they ran out of money and offered another.

TPM..................I disagree totally with you. You did not experience what we are. Each situation is different. # 1 means offer
Last edited by Bully'sMom