Skip to main content

Reply to "college recruiting"

Fungo,
I wonder if sometimes you don't like me. Frown
Taking the phone from son and helping to answer questions, I don't feel is the same, as a parent taking the initiative to call a coach and ask what they are going to offer.

Not that is not ok to disagree. Big Grin

Bullysmom stated:
"My advice, call them yourself and ask what the offer is. If they dawdle, ask them what the holdup is if your boy is their # 1 guy????"

TPM reply to Bullysmom:
"I tend to disagree with you, there is a lot wrong with a parent picking up the phone to call a coach and ask what the offer is without an offer. That's up to your son. There's no harm in a parent asking where their son stands in coaches plans, but I wouldn't initiate a phone call for an offer. Most likely you are not going to get the answer you want to hear. Something about a parent picking up the phone to ask how much they are offereing without an offer just doesn't feel right for most coaches".

That's what I said. Parents should by all means be involved in the process, but I think, IMO, there are places you just don't go.

I just can't see Fungo picking up the phone to initiate a phone call asking, "if my son is your #1 guy, what are you going to offer him". Well, maybe I could see that a few days before signing day. Smile
Last edited by TPM