Skip to main content

Reply to "College Representative Fail"

Well the whole issue of whether this is an appropriate question is it's own discussion.  I have my views but I'm not going to share them because it may lead to the derailing of this post.  

What I do have to offer is to check with the HS counselor and contact the college about whether this is how they do things.  There's nothing wrong with asking for clarification as to why they ask.  It may be harmless or it may go against your personal beliefs.  But without clarification you might be crossing off a great place.

Let me give this one example and it's embarrassing for my current school.  When I first got here we had a senior who felt he was the greatest football player on earth but he wouldn't listen to anybody.  He missed out on playing at the next level because he was an idiot.  Two or three years after he graduated there was a story on the local news that he was going to area high schools acting as a representative of the East Carolina University football program.  He would go to high schools and ask for kids to be pulled out of class and talk to them about playing football for ECU.  He finally went to a school where the head coach played at ECU and he called up there (it's about two hours from my area) to ask about this guy.  That's how they found out he was fake.  He had ECU polo shirt and paraphernalia and talked a good game.  There are some idiots out there in this world.  Maybe this guy is one of them and maybe he's not.  I say call and find out.