Skip to main content

Reply to "College Representative Fail"

bballman posted:

... having someone fill out a questionnaire asking Name, Adress, Age, Grade and are you LBGTQ is just a little bizarre. Maybe if there were a bunch of other socio economic stuff as well, it might be ok. But, with just that one question with a couple other general things, something else is going on. 

This.  Context.

Many of the posts in this thread are digging deep into the whole set of issues surrounding acceptance of the LBGTQ community.  If the guy behind the booth is there representing the LBGTQ community (and has marketing materials stating such) and trying to gather information with interest to that cause, all well and good.  But if he is there representing the school in general as an overall "information station" for the school (and has marketing materials stating such), this question is out of context and out of line considering the general and limited nature of the other questions. 

CaCo, I believe that the schools in the links you provided make it more clear when they are addressing the issue, how they are addressing it and what their position is.

PS - I see that root posted something similar while I was typing.  Similar thought - very good added point regarding observations of a 16yo.  

I'm really on the fence, though on the broccoli and brussel sprouts.  Cooked or raw?  How much mayo and lemon juice is allowed?

Last edited by cabbagedad