Skip to main content

Reply to "College Representative Fail"

2020dad posted:
Matt13 posted:
2020dad posted:

Assuming the questionnaire is as stated here it is an innapropriate question. Period. However if it was in the context of accommodating folks (maybe to know if you should be housed where there are transgender bathrooms?) perhaps it would be different.  However what is in that questionnaire very much outlines the general philosophy of the school. If the young man is uncomfortable with that why does he not have a right to those feelings?  He just doesn't want to go there. He didn't say he wants to go and bash members of that community or spend his life fighting against their causes. Just that this school ain't for him. Big deal. As for the 'calling names'...  Who gets to decide what is offensive?  I don't think there are a whole lot of folks that want to be called white trash but I don't see crusades against that. How about the term 'Jesus freak'. Hear it all the time. Gonna tell me that's not offensive??  But we're gonna freak out over flaming???  And who can keep up?  I just heard on TV last night that the term 'Oriental' is now offensive. I have a reasonable IQ and a college degree and I had no idea. I still don't understand why. Shall we post an updated list monthly on a news bulletin or something?  "Beep...   Beep... Beep.  This is a message from the emergency PC broadcasting system.  The following words are being added to the banished list...  For the complete list of disallowed words please go to www.PC.gov.  We now return to our regularly scheduled liberal programming."

The fact you didn't know that "Oriental" is offensive isn't a problem with others...it's you. It has been considered that for years.

So is this me stirring things up again? Oh wait no I haven't directly addressed anyone on this thread and called them "the problem" or "ignorant". That was you...  Why is umpiring just so perfect for your personality...

well said.